Home » Articles » Recent Acquisitions

Recent Acquisitions

We have had some recent donations to the New Indian Ridge Museum that we would like to highlight in this News post.  On June 26, Joan and Ken Rosenbusch donated a section of 3 seats that originally came from the upper floor of the 1884 Amherst Town Hall, where an “opera house” or theatre space was located.  These historic seats have a nice decorative metal section on the side, as shown below.

That same day, Jack Scaife, a contributor to the Museum donated a nice collection of antique wood planes.  They represent many companies, several of them being local.  The wood planes along with the seating were then placed in the new barn at the Historic Shupe Homestead.  While the barn is not technically part of the Museum or a display space, these pieces do “spruce up” this space, enhancing it.  This is all shown below as well.

On June 27, Bill and Bonnie Cutcher, contributors to the New Indian Ridge Museum decided to donate some fine artifacts as they are downsizing their collection.  These artifacts include stone celts (ungrooved axes), a very nice stone pendant (ornamental stone that was worn by a person), and a utilized flint flake (not pictured below).  These pieces were found on a farm just south of Elyria, Ohio.

Seating with decorative metal from the “opera house” that was located on the second floor of the Amherst Town Hall (1884), donated by Ken and Joan Rosenbusch.

The seating (from above) and assemblage of wood planes donated by Jack Scaife can be seen here.

Stone tools (celts or ungrooved axes of hardstone material) and a slate pendant (ornamental object) shown here are excellent examples of Ohio prehistoric artifacts. They were found on a farm just south of Elyria and were recently donated by Bill and Bonnie Cutcher.